We are coming back. HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!
Share and Enjoy:
Share and Enjoy:
Share and Enjoy:
For more details or for reservation please contact +91 484 2705777, Ext 2611
Share and Enjoy:
She has lent her breathtaking vocals to most of the top actresses in B-town including Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma among many others. Shilpa Rao was born in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her father S. V. Rao, who held a degree in music, introduced her to the world of music. The playback singer Hariharan arranged for Shilpa to study under her music teacher, Ghulam Mustafa Khan. After performing with Shankar Mahadevan in a concert, she moved to Delhi on his advice. Although she started her career singing advertising jingles, Shilpa was quick on moving to the film industry. In 2006, she recorded her first film song ‘Saiyaan Re’ for the film ‘Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love’. She went on to perform songs in films like ‘One Two Three’, ‘The Train’, ‘Aamir’ and ‘Dev D’.
She is known for her popular songs like Jazda – Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, Khuda Jane – Bachna Ae Haseeno, Tose Naina Lage – Anwar, I feel Good – Anjaana Anjaani, Saiyyaan Re – Salaam-e-Ishq: A tribute to Love, Stranger On The Prowl – Ek Ajnabee, Yaariyaan – Cocktail, Gustakh Dil – English Vinglish (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu), Ishq Shava – Jab Tak Hai Jaan among other hit numbers. Shilpa won the Best Female Playback Singer at the Star Screen Awards, 2008 for the song ‘Khuda Jaane’ from the movie Bachna Ae Haseeno. The song was also adjudged the Song of the Year. She also has won the Best Singer award at Indian Television Academy Awards for ‘Navya…Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal’.
Sit back and revel in 120 minutes of pure music at JT Pac this Sunday evening coming from none other than Shilpa Rao!!!Share and Enjoy:
KBF president Bose Krishnamachari, who is a co-curator at the ongoing art show, will then start his art work on the low-cost four-wheeler, after which the vehicle would be sold at an open auction. Mohanlal will give the car keys to Krishnamachari at a 4.30 pm function in Marine Drive — in front of Coffee Beans, a KBF spokesperson said today.
Krishnamachari, a Malayali artist settled in Mumbai, will complete his ‘art car’ project in the coming days. The Nano will be put on display for a few days before being auctioned as part of a biennale fund-raising programme.Share and Enjoy:
On February 14th 2013, over 30 womens and social organisations in Kochi are joining hands under the collective identity of ‘One Billion Rising – Kochi’ and inviting Ms.Usha Uthup, several artists who have made their mark in the cultural scenario including known guitarist John Antony, singers Chitra Iyer, Alphons, Renjini Jose, Reshmi – will join in the evening to Strike, Dance, Rise..
Take part & strike, rise and dance with over 10000 kochiites on 14th February 5.30pm at D.H ground , Ernakulam.
Morning of 14 February 2013
At the break of dawn, as the sun wakes up the world, contemporary artist Sajitha would commence creation of an art installation..in the Durbar Hall ground.. A video of Usha Uthup (Deedi) singing in the back drop of the rising sun and with Sajitha’s art work in the foreground – shall become the symbolic image of Strike Dance Rise in India (as visualised and requested by Eve Ensler) – showcasing the inner power of the Indian woman rising towards a new beginning – rising to say ‘End the Violence’..
This shall be the audiovisual that will be circulated worldwide representing India’s Women Rising.
Evening of 14 February 2013
• By 5.30 pm it is expected that over two thousand women will gather at the Rajendra Maidan (about 250m from the main venue) adorned with headbands/ pendants in red and black – the colours of the day. From here, Deedi will ride on a comfortable float / moving stage with the possible best sound system to lead the women to sing and dance towards the main venue – D.H Ground. Probable time of reaching the venue – 6.00pm.
• 6.00 – 6.20 pm – Silent Prayer, lighting of ‘chirags’ (small earthen lamps) followed by taking of Oaths. The oath for the men shall be read out by Just V.R.Krishna Iyer and oath for women by Justice Usha Sukumaran.
• 6.20 – 6.30 pm – Filler (time for stage rearrangements) – OBR global events documentary
• 6.30 – 6.40 pm – Opening song/s by Deedi
• 6.40 – 6.50 pm – Filler – Dignitaries’/ Celebrities’ messages..
• 6.50 pm – 7.05 pm – Shingarimelam by Kudumbashree Womens group
• 7.05 pm – 7.15 pm – Filler – Charter of requests/ follow ups
• 7.15 pm – 7.25 pm – Song/s by Chitra Iyer
• 7.25 pm – 7.30 pm – Filler – Dignitaries’/ Celebrities’ addresses
• 7.30 pm – 7.35 pm – Mime by YWCA group
• 7.35 – 7.45 pm – Filler – Poem/s
• 7.45 – 8.00 pm – ‘Shathakodi Uyarunnu’ (One Billion Rising) – band lead by John Antony
• 8.00 pm – 8.05 pm – Filler – Women Artists presentation
• 8.05 pm – 8.20 pm - Naadan Pattukal
• 8.20 – 8.25 pm – Filler – Dignitaries/ celebrities addresses
• 8.25 pm – 8.35 pm – Song/s – Jo Peter
• 8.35 pm – 8.45 pm – Song/s – Jyotsna/ Renjini Jose
• 8.45 pm – 8.50 pm – Song/s by Alphons
• 8.50 pm – 9.00 pm – Filler – Vote of Thanks
• 9.00 pm – 9.15 pm – Closing Crescendo lead by DeediShare and Enjoy:
Starting his DJ career in Bangalore some 13 years ago, Clitus is one of the few remaining DJ’s around that experienced the dance revolution throughout all its stages as it progressed in Bangalore.He is also currently the only DJ in India who exclusively plays his tunes on vinyl’s, as he believes that no form of digital recording can reproduce the true sine waves required for the true effect of music on the dance floors.
DJ Clitus has a pedigree of experience, making a lasting impression on clubbers everywhere with his uplifting funky sounds, peak time progressive sets.His mixes take elements from across the spectrum of funky, vocal, electro, Latino, tribal, and progressive house and create a harmonious melting groove. He is known across as one of the best live mixing Dj’s currently, including a set of scratching over the tracks playing.
The way his understanding of both melody and momentum can tease, taunt, and en-trance a dance floor before unleashing a record that will have people not just leaping up and down but bursting with emotion. The best DJs know that Dj’ing is first about being able to read the crowd and then being able to tap into that human experience and take it on a journey. Clitus has always been noted for being a master at this and it is this universal appeal that he has tapped into that has established his strong fan base.Share and Enjoy:
Started of his career in Cochin but moved to Mumbai & worked with, renowned Dj Suketu for a year.. Then struck it on his own @ Clubs like J49 [Juhu], Scottish Arms [Mahim], Onyx [Pali Hill], Rasna Bar [Church Gate] and also doing a whole lot of corporate & Bollywood parties. After rocking Mumbai city for 5 full years he moved to Bangalore city and played in some of the hot spots in Bangalore like Latitude, Opium, Club X, Sparks, Cosmo Village. Finally settled down at Taika and kosmo as the resident DJ and still rocks even after 5 strong years there!Share and Enjoy:
We really dont have a lot to complain about as the number of robberies are low do we?Share and Enjoy: