Kochi is getting a metro (shame on you if you did not know). The following is the proposed route map. Here are some of the key aspects of the metro project.
- The budget for the Kochi Metro project is more than R.S 5000 crores.
- Phase one is expected to complete in 48 months.
- The project is spread across 26 kilometers
- There are 23 station between the two end points, Aluva and Peta
- RS. 10 for 2 kilometer journeys
- Rs. 13 for 2-4 kilometer journeys
- The maximum fare as of now will not be more than RS. 30
- The project is funded by the Central Government & the State Government on a 50:50 understanding.
- The plans consist of waterways development as well
- Mr. E Sreedharan who is credit for the on time completion on the Delhi Metro is consulting for the Kochi Project.
The following is the route map for the metro.