Posted on 05 October 2012.
So girls, the biggest beauty pageant is hitting town soon. And the auditions for Miss Kerala 2012 have been going on in full swing since the past few weeks. From Dubai to Bangalore and more, the jury has hit the major cities. Now its Kochi’s turn! The Queen of Arabian sea and the host for the prestigious Miss Kerala 2012, is hosting the auditions next week.
The auditions will be held at Hotel Wytefort on the 7th of October 2012. The event shall happen from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. So girls, get ready for the big show. Wear your attitude and confidence and walk the ramp in style.
For more details, you can contact the organizers at 9349- 414131.
Posted in Business, Columns, Entertainment, Events, Featured, Lifestyle
Posted on 18 August 2012.
If you thought hair coloring was the trend which has been in practice only since the past few years, you got that wrong! Hair coloring has been practiced and followed by people since decades. ‘Eighteen Books of the Secrets of Art & Nature’, a book published in the 1661 mentions the different ways, shades of hair colors used. The pivotal factor that you need to keep in mind while doing hair coloring is that, you need to use the right brand. We have a few tips if you plan to color your hair trendy.
- Firstly, know what color you need to apply. It should go in par with your complexion and skin texture. Aping others blindly does not make you look stylish (like how they did). So, make sure that you apply the right shade.
- Hair coloring is purely chemical –centric. So do not apply it occasionally. It hampers your hair and affects your body and skin in the long run.
- Make sure that you do a test on your skin before you apply to your hair. Some people are allergic to hair colors, and you might face skin discoloration, hair breakage etc.
- Always follow the instructions that are provided in the pack (of the hair color) before you start the procedure.
These are the tips we have in hand now. But we shall bring you more on how to carry off your hair in style and elegance.
Posted in Columns
Posted on 16 August 2012.
We hear cosmetic companies and cosmetologists stressing on the relevance of moisturizers for the skin. Moisturizing, as we know, is important for soft and supple skin. Hence, you need to apply them daily. Application on a daily basis makes your skin look shiny, beautiful and elegant. There are plenty of moisturizers available in the market. You have to be careful about what you choose, and opt for the best quality one.
If you are one amongst those who have dry skin, then look no further, moisturizers will come to your rescue. Apply them on a daily basis for best results.
- Moisturizers are good for protection from the sun. They protect you from the harsh and damaging UV rays.
- Before applying your make-up, make sure you use your moisturizer on your face. It helps the make-up last long, and also make you look shinier and pretty, as they serve as good primers.
- There is so much of dust and heat around us everyday. So whether you sit at home or travel outside for work, it just makes your skin look dead at the end of the day. The cure is, wash your face with a good face wash and moisturize your skin.
- You can also choose for the perfumed moisturizers available in the market. They give you sweet fragrance along with moisturizing.
These are some of the reasons to why you need to apply moisturizers to your skin on a daily basis. If you haven’t started it yet, do it now!
Posted in Columns
Posted on 11 August 2012.
Eye-liners, lipsticks, kajals, kohls, eye-shadows and nail polishes make up every woman’s make-up kit. Make-up is inevitable, whether you are going out for coffee with friends, off to work or attending a function. At least you need to do the basic, application of lipstick and kajal! Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind when you shop for make-up, because it is all about looking good and enhancing your confidence!
Choose shades and color tones that suit your skin. Reds and pinks blend well with fair skins, whereas browns and lighter shades look best for wheatish complexion.
- Never go blindly by what the lady in the shop suggests. They need to sell off their products. So be choosy, try it out, and make sure you can carry off those colors well.
- Liquid foundation is perfect for the Indian skin color AKA wheatish skin color. But then, less the make-up, the better it is!
- If you have long lashes, make sure you don’t apply black mascara because it does not look good.
- An easy tip- Make sure you mix a little water with the foundation so that the streaks of foundation does not appear after some time.
These are some of the few tips you need to be careful about while make-up shopping. Keep looking out this space for more!
Posted in Columns, Lifestyle, Shopping
Posted on 04 August 2012.
Girls, so haven’t you geared up for Miss Kerala 2012 yet? Still pondering on whether you need to be a part of it? Think no more. We have very few days more for registrations. Once you are found fit for the contest, Impresario Event Management will make sure that you reap the best out of it. So wherever on earth you are, all you need to do is register online by going to their Facebook page, or go to their official website and be a part of it ASAP.
Wait no more. This contest will change your life! So if you think you have it in you, then here is the chance. Go Register!
Posted in Columns, Entertainment, Events
Posted on 28 July 2012.
Rosy lips or pink supple lips, lipsticks are always in vogue and would never die out of the fashion scene. Reds and Pinks are always every woman’s favorite, no matter how many different shades pop up in the market. If you don’t wear them right, they can look weird too. So make sure you choose the right color and shade that blends well with your skin tone. Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind when you wear lipsticks or choose them from the market.
- Never wear a heavy eye make-up and dark lip shades. You will look funny and weird. Make sure your make-up is simple yet elegant.
- Make sure that you don’t use dark liners with light shades of lipstick. Your lip liners will be highlighted more.
- Never wear corals, oranges or brown shades as they make your teeth look yellow. This is something which you need to be careful about while taking part in beauty pageants.
- You can try blending lipstick shades with glosses. You never know when you get a good color. But make sure you try them out before being a part of the pageant, and wear them only if it suits you perfect.
- Make sure you use the best brands when it comes to lipsticks. Never take chances with lipstick brands.
Posted in Entertainment, Lifestyle, Shopping
Posted on 24 July 2012.
You really want to be a part of Miss Kerala 2012, don’t you? If you have been wondering on how to come down all the way to Kochi (for the auditions) from where you are now, we bring you some good news. Miss Kerala auditions will be happening in your city or at a city near you soon.
Last year, Impresario had conducted auditions in various cities across the country and even abroad which included Dubai. This year too, they are ready to visit places for auditions. All you need to do now is register online and wait for the organizers to halt in your city soon.
So haven’t you registered yet?!
Posted in Entertainment, Events, Lifestyle
Posted on 23 July 2012.
Miss Kerala is a door to opportunities. When some girls take part for the sheer love for limelight, some take this an occasion to reveal themselves. Truly an opening to the glitz and glamour field, and an opportunity to engage in many activities, the winners and contestants are equally given benign opportunities to prove their worth.
Nothing comes for free, does it? So is it in the case of Miss Kerala as well. If you want the bigger slice of the cake, make sure you earn it by sweating it out. Tough grooming sessions and thorough practices will make you perfect. The best groomers (from across the nation) and master judges await you at the backstage of Miss Kerala. They will ensure that you are given the right advice and prepared perfect for the D-day.
There is much in store at Miss Kerala events. Come and be a part of this extravaganza, and relish it yourselves, because you know you are worth it!
Posted in Entertainment, Lifestyle
Posted on 21 July 2012.
And comes the most important of them all- Walking the ramp. Here is where your confidence level, determination and style are counted the most. Hence, do it in your best possible manner. Miss Kerala 2012 is a podium where you can showcase your talents, and are groomed by the masters in the field. So yes, you shall have the best choreographers from the country training you on that. Here are a few tips to the beginners who want to make it big out there. Walk in style, girls!
- One of the pivotal things you need to remember is, to walk with your head focused straight. Make sure your moves are rigid and confident. The gauche can be identified easily, and hence will be chucked out in the first go.
- You will be walking with stencil heels for different rounds. So as they say, practice makes you perfect. If you aren’t used to walking with high heels, then ensure that you practice heavily!
- Your arms must swing, but not too much. They would look awkward, and can even give out the notion that, you haven’t practiced much.
- Make sure you have a smile on your face. Grumpy looks are not welcome, not by the judges nor the audience.
- Last but not the least, and most important of them all, walk with confidence. Buoyancy should ooze from your body.
These can be the first few tips you need to start working on. And yes, we shall bring you more!
Posted in Entertainment, Events, Lifestyle
Posted on 30 September 2011.
Just 8 more days for the much awaited beauty pageant in Kerala!! With 22 contestants across the globe, who are here to showcase their talents and smartness on stage, the show is going to be one of its kind. The D-day will host the best of performances. So, our young women are preparing for the 8th of October. Yes, with the ice-breaking sessions that were held on the 30th of September, contestants for Miss Kerala 2011 are all set to catch the limelight.
The grooming sessions were started off by Murali Menon. This actor and dramatist have proved his talents through umpteen movies and plays in which he did pioneer roles. Truly a talented soul, Murali Menon will acquaint the ladies with the basics of the grooming sessions. There is so much to explore and know about. Our contestants are in the best hands, and let us wish them all the good luck before entering the final stage on the 8th of October. The world awaits you out there, so prepare for it!
Posted in Entertainment, Miss Kerala 2011, News