Posted on 21 September 2011.
Times change, so do we. Our exploration in search for ‘newness’ in style, has alwaysfetched great results. Busy lives and unending work demands would have taken atoll on your life, already! Maybe you are a little too young for work to ‘literally’ eatyou up. You need to unwind. Relax and slow down, loosen and chill out. They areinevitable now. So that is when age-old therapies and man’s ancient ways of living findrelevance. Innovativeness in practicing the healing methods has a huge fan-followingin the contemporary scenario. Yoga and Ayurvedic therapies are universally acclaimedand applauded. For youngsters who have wanted to try out some universally followedmethods, do not miss what a ‘Spa’ has to offer you.
Sadly, Kochi needs to come a long way to reach the ‘Spa culture’. When counterpartsBangalore and Chennai have already established their mark in the spa industry, Kochilags a little way behind. But wait, we have a good international Spa in Kochi too. Thanksto ‘Ela Spa’, at Oberon Mall. No one would want to miss that one! From spa treatmentsthat can blow you over, and therapies which can make you clean bowled, ‘Ela’ has comea long way. Along with pleasant staff members and a lovely crew to take you through allthe good things that a spa offers you, ‘Ela Spa’ ensures that your money shelled does notgo down the drains.
Here are ten different ways (out of which you must try at least a couple of them) topamper your senses with the best available spa treatments in town.
1. Aromatherapy: A massage nurturing the art of human touch with the health pre-blended essential oils to transmit the pressure force or energy to create highly therapeutic effect. This is a gentle massage coupled with an aromatic blend, foryour choice of desired outcome. You can choose from balancing, stimulating,invigorating, and sensual. The therapy is something which you would not want to miss on.
2. Hot Stone Therapy: This therapy helps you go back to Mother Nature, andexplore her better. Harnessing earth’s healing energy; this massage alleviatesaches and pains. Along with providing a soothing effect to the nerves, the therapymakes sure that you indulge in the best products. This is a gentle massage withheated stones with an aromatic blend which makes you totally stress free.
3. Javanese Mandi Luhur: Let’s get some international treatments now. This therapyoriginates from the royal courts of Java. This traditional fragrant scrub cleans,exfoliates and freshens your skin using a blend of turmeric, herbs and spices.After lulur, a relaxing aromatherapy massage and refreshing bath in rose essencefor soft and supple skin makes a huge difference, even to the way you look.
4. Thai Herb Heat Revival: A secret Thai technique, employing a heat compresscontaining 20 Thai herbs, it eliminates lethargy, and frees blocked energy centers.
5. Hot Stone Spa Revival: You would be treated with the right blends for this one.This is a gentle scrub with a blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and cardamom,followed by a flower petal bath to heal muscular soreness and improvecirculation.
6. Ayurveda Treatments: If you want to go Ayurveda from Ela, you can dothat as well with the best Ayuveda treatments available. From ‘Shiro Dhara’to ‘Udwarthanam’, the Ayurveda treatments are worth trying out. They also offerdifferent ‘kizihis’ as well. Yes, they have the traditional ‘Pizhichil’ too!
7. Rich Coffee Skin Smoothening Scrub: Who would not want to look pretty andbeautiful? What if ‘Ela Spa’ offer you some wonderful beauty treatments too.This scrub is a must check-out. You get acquainted with deep cleaning exfoliationthrough scrub with a blend of olive, roasted and powdered coffee beans, hemp seaoil, shea butter and herbal extracts.
8. Honey Sesame Body Scrub: This is a gentle scrub with honey dipped sesameseeds to exfoliate skin, heal wounds, and promote cell growth. This would beideal for dry or normal skin.
9. Re-Mineralizing Marine Bath: This underwater massage is enhanced with seaminerals. It helps in alleviating stress, aching limbs and stiff joints.
10.Cleopatra Milk Bath: Do not miss this one! Soothe your mood and indulge yoursense with this secret recipe from the legendry queen of Egypt. This aromaticpotion will leave your skin silky and fragrant. This is a wholesome milk bath toexfoliate and moisturize. It brings a unique glow to your skin.
They have various other beauty treatments, and facials which you can try out. Withinternational standards to boast about, ‘Ela Spa’ is something Kochiites would lovechecking out.